Monday, July 14, 2014

I'm Reading...

http://www.amazon.com/Match-Wits-A-Jen-Turano/dp/0764211277/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405394590&sr=8-1&keywords=a+match+of+wits
Image via Bing
 A Match of Wits by Jen Turano is one of those novels with enough humorous situations and witty dialogue to keep you cheerful even while you wonder who is determined to murder the heroine.
This is my second full novel by this author, and I'm loving it. Y'all probably know I'm a huge fan of sarcasm (when done well), and Turano's books don't lack in it by any means.
Writers tend to want to avoid adverbs, right? But Turano uses them in the most delightful way possible. I love her verbose writing style.
And I'm not a fan of pigs, but Matilda is awesome.



What I Want To Read:

http://www.amazon.com/Butterfly-Violin-Hidden-Masterpiece-Novel/dp/1401690599
Image via Bing
This is not the type of novel I normally read, but I've heard a ton of positive things about Kristy Cambron's novel. Plus, isn't the cover beautiful? So unique. I definitely need to add this book to my Wishlist.


http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Season-Sarah-Loudin-Thomas/dp/0764212257
Image via Bing
Sarah Loudin Thomas's novella is free on Amazon, so you should head over there now and grab it for your Kindle. Miracle In A Dry Season is her full length novel I'm highly anticipating after reading the excerpt released at the end of her novella. Her descriptions and settings are so authentic that you will truly feel as if you're living the story--perhaps that's cliché, but it's true.
 
Well, that's what I'm reading and what I want to read, folks.
Any other book recommendations?
As if my bookshelves need any more occupants.


No comments:

Post a Comment