Thursday, May 1, 2014

Meant To Be Mine by Becky Wade


Such a happy cover, don't you think?
Meant To Be Mine is the second book in the Porter Family series. It follows Ty Porter, a confident bull rider, and Celia Porter, the wife he hasn't spoken to in five and a half years. Oh, and their daughter who Ty knows nothing about. Secret baby story, anyone?

I expected to enjoy this book...but I didn't. I LOVED it. Celia seemed like a real woman, not just your typical romance heroine. She has struggles and faults and unfulfilled dreams. She carries the pain from Ty's rejection while trying to give her daughter the best life possible. My respect for Celia grew more and more as the story continued. Her frustrations became mine.
Ty was a humongous jerk. In the beginning, anyway. But I highly doubt anyone would consider him a jerk by the end ;0)

I'm sure I'll reread this one since I didn't want the story to end.

There were a few things that did bother me though. Multiple times Ty "swore under his breath." I understand that some guys do this, but I cringed each time. Also, some of his jokes were a little too risqué for my taste.

But the strength of God's forgiveness is a beautiful message that Wade weaves throughout the novel. Absolutely beautiful.
I'm ALREADY craving the next book in this series!!!
 
Backcover Blurb:
 
Ty Porter has always been irresistible to Celia Park. All through high school--irresistible. When their paths cross again after college--still irresistible. This time, though, Ty seems to feel exactly the same way about Celia. Their whirlwind romance deposits them at a street-corner Las Vegas wedding chapel.
The next morning they wake to a marriage certificate and a dose of cold reality. Celia's ready to be Ty's wife, but Ty's not ready to be her husband. He's a professional bull rider; he lives on the road, and he's long planned to settle down with the hometown girl he's known since childhood.
Five and a half years pass. Celia's buried her dreams so that she can afford to raise her daughter. Ty's achieved all of his goals. Or thought he had, until he looks again into the eyes of the woman he couldn't forget and into the face of the child he never knew he had.
How much will Ty sacrifice to win back Celia's trust and prove to her that their spontaneous marriage can still become the love of a lifetime?
 
 

5 comments:

  1. P. S. "I expected to enjoy this book . . . but I didn't. I LOVED it." You had me on that one. Haha! Sneaky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! for some reason my first comment didn't post! Here we go:
    . . .
    The blurb for thiss book nabbed my attention when I pulled it from Fiction Finder.com to add to the ACFW new releases list.

    Looks like one of those "grab your heart" stories! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *For
      (Goodness, I'm all about the typos today!)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I understand about the typos. I do that all the time.
      Definitely a "grab your heart" story. Almost makes me want to move to Texas.
      Thanks for the comment(s), Natalie! ;0)

      Delete